AAD Seeks New Director
Alliance Area Development (AAD) is looking for an energetic, experienced communicator to lead the economic development effort in Alliance, Ohio and the surrounding area. The Director of AAD is responsible for facilitating linkages among various constituencies and implementing strategies, goals and objectives. The successful applicant will work closely with the city administration, county economic development body and the community to make Alliance an attractive place to work and live. Exciting times are ahead for the Alliance area and AAD is looking for a strong leader.
Plans, organizes and implements economic development functions from conception to implementation. Functions include attracting and retaining business and manufacturing entities; research and planning; organizational and facility development. The Director, through outstanding communication skills, facilitates linkages among various constituencies and implements strategies, goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leads and manages responsibilities for all activities of economic development including increased capital investments and expanding employment opportunities; sets the tone and framework for long-term development by implementing the AAD's strategic plan and marketing plan. Adheres to the organization's core strategies:
- Increase communication flow to spur economic development
- Implement the plan to make Alliance attractive to new industry
- Expand incentives to develop a perpetual workforce for the Alliance area
- Manage a high visibility marketing initiative.
- Develop short and long term economic and community development plans.
- Analyze existing situations relative to business and manufacturing attraction and expansion.
- Meet with select local business owners to see how AAD can help them and identify their needs
- Become expert with locations of existing inventory of available facilities and vacant land
- Oversee administration of successful revolving loan fund, including meeting USDA compliance requirements.
- Prepare and present annual budget for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Serve as liaison with various local, state and federal agencies, coordinating projects with those agencies.
- Provide information and makes presentations at bi-monthly Board meetings and monthly executive committee meetings of the Board.
- Work with area agencies on workforce development.
- Connect the dots among the various manufacturing, professional, educational and health services in the area.
- Organize the renewal of memberships of sponsoring businesses.
- Work with the economic development committee of the Chamber of Commerce and the city’s economic development director to coordinate efforts and implement strategies.
- Strong communication skills to help build positive working relationships with partners, funders and community members
- Strong background in leadership, management and budget oversight
- Ability to work with teams in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor's Degree in a related communication or business field and a minimum of five years of related experience
- Experience in strategic planning as well as marketing
- Must be able to work independently.
- Currently is a two-person operation.
- Office is located at 2500 W. State St., Suite E11, Alliance, OH 44601.
- Reports to a Board that consists of CEOs or their representatives of the companies that comprise the AAD.
- The Board meets every other month with an annual meeting in September; Executive Committee meets monthly.
AAD was formed in September of 1999 by a group of business and community leaders interested in encouraging business development in the Alliance area and is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Compensation for the position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Interested persons should e-mail a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.